from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A reestablishing of cordial relations, as between two countries.
- n. The state of reconciliation or of cordial relations.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The reestablishment of cordial relations, particularly between two countries; a reconciliation.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Act or fact of coming or being drawn near or together; establishment or state of cordial relations.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A coming or bringing together or into accord; establishment of harmonious relations; reconciliation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the reestablishing of cordial relations
French, from rapprocher, to bring together : re-, re- + approcher, to approach (from Old French aprochier; see approach).(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Borrowing from French rapprochement. (Wiktionary)