from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To use again, especially after salvaging or special treatment or processing.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of salvaging or in some manner returning a discarded item into something usable.
- n. code re-use indicates splitting program code into modules or classes so it can be re-used by other programs. data re-use refers to legal rights to re-use for publication, data that one has downloaded or licensed from a third party.
- v. To use something that is considered past its usefulness, again (usually for something else).
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To use again.
- n. Repeated use; use a second time.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. use again after processing
Sorry, no etymologies found.