from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- intransitive v. To take a light nap; doze.
- n. A brief light sleep.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To sleep, especially briefly; to nap.
- v. To pause; to postpone for a short while.
- n. A period of sleep; a nap.
- n. Something boring.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A short sleep; a nap.
- intransitive v. To doze; to drowse; to take a short nap; to slumber.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To slumber; take a short nap.
- n. A short nap.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. sleep lightly or for a short period of time
- n. sleeping for a short period of time (usually not in bed)
Origin unknown.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)