from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A small deciduous European tree (Sorbus aucuparia) of the rose family, having pinnately compound leaves, corymbs of white flowers, and orange-red berries.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Sorbus aucuparia, the European rowan.
- n. Any of various small deciduous trees or shrubs of genus Sorbus, belonging to the rose family, with pinnate leaves, corymbs of white flowers, and usually with orange-red berries.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Rowan tree.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The rowan-tree.
- n. The fruit or berry of the rowan-tree.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. Eurasian tree with orange-red berrylike fruits
Of Scandinavian origin.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)