from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Grossly irreverent toward what is or is held to be sacred.
- adj. Having committed sacrilege.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Committing sacrilege; acting or speaking very disrespectfully toward what is held to be sacred.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Violating sacred things; polluted with sacrilege; involving sacrilege; profane; impious.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Guilty of or involving sacrilege; profane; impious: as, sacrilegious acts; sacrilegious hands.
- Synonyms See profanation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. grossly irreverent toward what is held to be sacred
From Latin sacer + legō ("steal something sacred"). (Wiktionary)