from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that deals dishonestly with others, especially a cheating gambler.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. comparative form of sharp: more sharp
- n. a swindler; a cheat; a professional gambler who makes his living by cheating.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A person who bargains closely, especially, one who cheats in bargains; a swinder; also, a cheating gamester.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A man shrewd in making bargains; a tricky fellow; a rascal; a cheat in bargaining or gaming.
- n. A sharpener; an instrument or tool used for sharpening.
- n. A long, thin oyster.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a professional card player who makes a living by cheating at card games
Sorry, no etymologies found.