from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To close (a building) so that no one can enter.
- v. To terminate (a business).
- v. To enclose (a person, animal or thing) in a room or other place so that it cannot leave.
- v. To put (an object) in a secure enclosed place.
- v. Of a person, to stop talking or (of a person or thing) making noise.
- v. I don't believe it!, no way!
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. cause to be quiet or not talk
- v. refuse to talk or stop talking; fall silent
- adj. closely confined
- v. place in a place where something cannot be removed or someone cannot escape
Sorry, no etymologies found.