from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Likely to snap or bite, as a dog.
- adj. Irritable and curt: a snappish tone of voice; a snappish debating partner.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Likely to snap or bite.
- adj. Exhibiting irritation or impatience; curt; irascible.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Apt to snap at persons or things; eager to bite.
- adj. Sharp in reply; apt to speak angrily or testily; easily provoked; tart; peevish.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Ready or apt to snap or bite: as, a snappish cur.
- Sharp in reply; apt to speak angrily or tartly; tart; crabbed; also, proceeding from a sharp temper or from anger; also, chiding; scolding; faultfinding.
- Synonyms Touchy, testy, crusty, petulant, pettish, splenetic.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. apt to speak irritably
snap + -ish. (Wiktionary)