from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Informal Disposed to showing arrogance or contempt; haughty.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Disdainful; haughty.
- adj. characterised by sniffing.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Given to sniffing; inclined to be scornful or disdainful; pettish.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having or showing arrogant superiority to and disdain of those one views as unworthy
Sorry, no etymologies found.