from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Pasta in long, often thick strands.
- n. Electricity A slender tube of insulating material that covers bare wire.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A type of pasta made in the shape of long thin strings.
- n. A dish that has spaghetti as a main part of it, such as spaghetti bolognese.
- n. Informally, any type of pasta.
- n. Electrical insulating tubing.
- n. Anything tangled or confusing.
- n. A short form of spaghetti code.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A variety or macaroni made in tubes of small diameter.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A kind of Italian macaroni made in the form of cords smaller than ordinary macaroni, but several times larger than the threads of vermicelli.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. spaghetti served with a tomato sauce
- n. pasta in the form of long strings
Italian, pl. diminutive of spago, cord.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Italian (see Italian etymology below) (Wiktionary)