from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A channel for an overflow of water, as from a reservoir.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A path designed to take away overflow safely.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A sluiceway or passage for superfluous water in a reservoir, to prevent too great pressure on the dam.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A passage for surplus water from a dam.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a channel that carries excess water over or around a dam or other obstruction
spill + way (Wiktionary)