from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A veranda or roofed patio.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A Hawaiian-style roofed patio.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. an island in the Hawaiian chain.
- n. a veranda or roofed patio often furnished and used as a living room.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In Hawaii, a bower, piazza, or porch.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an island of central Hawaii; a pineapple-growing area
- n. a veranda or roofed patio often furnished and used as a living room
Hawaiian lānai.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Hawaiian lanai. (Wiktionary)