from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. By that means; because of that.
- adv. In connection with that: "And thereby hangs a tale” ( Shakespeare).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. By it, by that.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. By that; by that means; in consequence of that.
- adv. Annexed to that.
- adv. Thereabout; -- said of place, number, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- By that; by that means; in consequence of that.
- Annexed to that; in that connection.
- By or near that place; near that number, quantity, or degree.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. by that means or because of that
Sorry, no etymologies found.