from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to particles that are smaller than an atom.
- adj. Having dimensions or participating in reactions characteristic of the constituents of the atom.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Relating to particles that are constituents of the atom, or are smaller than an atom; such as proton, neutron, electron, etc.
- adj. Relating to any length or mass that is smaller in scale than a the diameter of a hydrogen atom.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to the relations of assumed particles or subdivisions of matter smaller than the atom: as, subatomic energy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of smaller than atomic dimensions
- adj. of or relating to constituents of the atom or forces within the atom
Sorry, no etymologies found.