from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A usually rectangular piece of luggage for carrying clothing.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. large (usually rectangular) piece of luggage used for carrying clothes, and sometimes suits, when travelling
- v. to trade using samples in a suitcase
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A flat valise, light enough to be carried by hand, originally intended to contain a gentleman's evening clothes or ‘dress-suit.’ Also called a dress-suit case.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a portable rectangular container for carrying clothes
Sorry, no etymologies found.