from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Retired or ineffective because of advanced age: "Nothing is more tiresome than a superannuated pedagogue” ( Henry Adams).
- adj. Outmoded; obsolete: superannuated laws.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Obsolete, antiquated.
- adj. Retired or discarded due to age.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of superannuate.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. too old to be useful
- adj. old; no longer valid or fashionable
From Medieval Latin superannuātus, over one year old : Latin super-, super- + Latin annus, year; see at- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From the Latin superannuatus ("more than one year old"), from super ("over") (English super-) + annus ("year") (English annual). (Wiktionary)