from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to systems or a system.
- adj. Relating to or affecting the entire body or an entire organism: systemic symptoms; a systemic poison.
- adj. Relating to or affecting a particular body system, especially the nervous system: a systemic lesion.
- adj. Physiology Of or relating to systemic circulation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Embedded within and spread throughout and affecting a group, system, body, economy, market, or society as a whole.
- adj. Pertaining to an entire organism.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or relating to a system; common to a system.
- adj. Of or pertaining to the general system, or the body as a whole.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to system or systematization; systematic.
- In physiology, pertaining to the body as a whole; somatic; common to a general system; not local: as, systemic circulation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. affecting an entire system
Sorry, no etymologies found.