from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Progressive bodily wasting or emaciation.
- n. Tabes dorsalis.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A kind of slow bodily wasting or emaciating disease, often accompanying a chronic disease.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Progressive emaciation of the body, accompanied with hectic fever, with no well-marked local symptoms.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A gradually progressive emaciation.
- n. Same as tabes dorsalis. See below.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. wasting of the body during a chronic disease
Latin tābēs.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin (Wiktionary)