from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to the geographic area under a given jurisdiction: the territorial limits of a country.
- adj. Relating or restricted to a particular territory; regional: a territorial court.
- adj. Of or relating to an administrative territory: the territorial government of the U.S. Virgin Islands; Whitehorse, the territorial capital of the Yukon.
- adj. Organized for national or home defense: the British Territorial Army.
- adj. Biology Displaying territoriality; defending a territory from intruders: territorial behavior; a territorial species.
- n. A member of a territorial army.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, relating to, or restricted to a specific geographic area, or territory
- adj. Organized for home defence - such as the Territorial Army.
- adj. Displaying territoriality.
- n. a non-professional member of a Territorial Army
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to territory or land
- adj. Limited to a certain district.
- adj. Of or pertaining to all or any of the Territories of the United States, or to any district similarly organized elsewhere.
- adj. exhibiting territoriality; -- of individual animals or species.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to territory or land.
- Limited to a certain district: as, rights may be personal or territorial.
- [capitalized] Of or pertaining to one of the Territories of the United States: as, a Territorial governor; the Territorial condition.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a territorial military unit
- adj. of or relating to a territory
- n. nonprofessional soldier member of a territorial military unit
- adj. belonging to the territory of any state or ruler
- adj. displaying territoriality; defending a territory from intruders
Sorry, no etymologies found.