from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n.pl. Close-fitting trousers, usually of tartan.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. trousers, especially if close fitting and tartan.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n.pl. Trowsers; especially, those of the Scotch Highlanders.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Trousers; specifically, the kind of trousers worn by the men of higher rank among the Scottish Highlanders. They are made of tartan cloth of the set or pattern of the wearer's clan.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. tight-fitting trousers; usually of tartan
Variant of obsolete trouse; see trouser.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)