from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A person who practices veterinary medicine.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A medical doctor who treats non-human animals.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One skilled in the treatment of diseases of cattle or domestic animals; a veterinary surgeon. Often abbreviated to vet.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who practises the art of treating disease and injuries in domestic animals, surgically or medically.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a doctor who practices veterinary medicine
From Latin veterinarius ("farrier", "cattle doctor", "veterinarian"), from veterinum ("beast of burden"), from vehiterinum, from veho ("to bear", "to carry") (Wiktionary)