from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Using, containing, or marked by harshly abusive censure.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. marked by harsh, spoken, or written abuse; abusive, often with ranting or railing
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Uttering or writing censure; containing, or characterized by, abuse; scolding; abusive.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Serving to vituperate; containing or expressing abusive censure; abusive.
- Synonyms Opprobrious, scurrilous.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. marked by harshly abusive criticism
Formed from Latin vituperātiō ("a blaming, censuring") (Wiktionary)