from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To make an audience enthusiastic or animated before a show
- v. To reach a normal operating temperature (of a car for example)
- v. To reheat food
- v. To become warmer
- v. To prepare for executing an already-learned activity by a limited amount of additional practice.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. cause to do preliminary exercises so as to stretch the muscles
- v. get warm or warmer
- v. become more friendly or open
- v. run until the normal working temperature is reached
- v. make one's body limber or suppler by stretching, as if to prepare for strenuous physical activity
Sorry, no etymologies found.