from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The distance between one peak or crest of a wave of light, heat, or other energy and the next corresponding peak or crest.
- idiom on the same wavelength Informal In complete accord; in harmony: "a fluid ... production in which author, director, designer and cast seem to be working on the same wavelength” ( James Lardner).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The length of a single cycle of a wave, as measured by the distance between one peak or trough of a wave and the next; it is often designated in physics as λ, and corresponds to the velocity of the wave divided by its frequency.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the distance (measured in the direction of propagation) between two points in the same phase in consecutive cycles of a wave
- n. a shared orientation leading to mutual understanding
wave + length (Wiktionary)