from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act of marrying.
- n. The ceremony or celebration of a marriage.
- n. The anniversary of a marriage: a silver wedding.
- n. The act or an instance of joining closely: a wedding of ideas.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of wed.
- n. Marriage ceremony; a ritual officially celebrating the beginning of a marriage.
- n. Joining of two or more parts.
- v. To participate in a wedding.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Nuptial ceremony; nuptial festivities; marriage; nuptials.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Anniversary of a wedding.
- n. Marriage; nuptials; nuptial ceremony or festivities, especially the latter: also used attributively: as, wedding cheer.
- n. Synonyms Nuptials, Matrimony, etc. See marriage.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the social event at which the ceremony of marriage is performed
- n. the act of marrying; the nuptial ceremony
- n. a party of people at a wedding
From wed (Wiktionary)
Conversion of wedding (noun) to verb. (Wiktionary)