from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of collecting together (aggregating).
- n. The state of being collected into a mass, assemblage, or sum (aggregated).
- n. A collection of particulars; an aggregate.
- n. summarizing multiple routes into one route.
- n. the majority of the parasite population concentrated into a minority of the host population.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of aggregating, or the state of being aggregated; collection into a mass or sum; a collection of particulars; an aggregate.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of collecting or the state of being collected into an unorganized whole.
- n. In logic, the union of species to form a genus, or of terms to form a term true of anything of which any of its parts are true, and only false when all its parts are false.
- n. The adding of any one to an association as a member thereof; affiliation.
- n. A combined whole; an aggregate.
- n. In botany, applied by Darwin specifically to the peculiar change induced in the cells of the tentacles of Drosera by mechanical or chemical stimulation.
- n. In sociology, the phenomenon of the physical concentration of population, of animals, and of plants.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of gathering something together
- n. several things grouped together or considered as a whole
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Protein aggregation is the cause of several neurodegenerative diseases, such as Parkinson's, Alzheimer's and Creuzfeldt-Jacob disease, as well as pancreatic insufficiency, which causes type 2 diabetes.
As a concept I think this aggregation is an interesting idea, although, executions have thus far been pretty not great.
He says - maybe it's true of Manchester United as well - that a big factor in success is what he calls the aggregation of minute di ﬀ erences.
Um, I hate to break it to this columnist, but "aggregation" is the model that the American media industry has been following since at least the 70s.
This aggregation is little more (and by little more, I mean nothing more) than you entering your username (or a url where a username is non-obvious) and they putting in links to your various profile pages.
Their business model of aggregation is against the current trend of fragmentation. — james
In many ways Friendster was the perfect model but the fact it crashed and burned begins to disprove that mere aggregation is the answer.
Anonymous said ... artanis, Alzheimer's is caused by a variety of physical complications, the least of which is protein aggregation (amyloid plaques).
Research into preventing membrane protein aggregation in lens of eye.
Yes, I understand how Edgeio will syndicate content to the edges and how the widget helps to serve that function but what I was objecting to in the use of the term "Edge Aggregation" was the sense that the actual aggregation is not done at the edges.