from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The hollow under the upper part of the arm at the shoulder.
- n. Slang The most miserable or undesirable place in a particular area.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The cavity beneath the junction of the arm and shoulder.
- n. Somewhere or something considered foul.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The hollow beneath the junction of the arm and shoulder; the axilla.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The hollow place or cavity under the shoulder; the axilla.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the hollow under the arm where it is joined to the shoulder
Also, making fart noises with your armpit is hilarious.
While the rest of America prospered after World War II, fast-shrinking Scranton became known as the armpit of Pennsylvania, a designation it has never entirely shaken.
My armpit is itching and I can’t scratch it but it’s driving me insane.
In the afternoon I went to the doctor, since it seems I have a sebaceous cyst in my left armpit, which is very inflamed.
Niagara Falls otherwise known as the armpit of Canada has a lot of anti-Asian sentiment..
When you were 9, playing your armpit was a cool trick.
No one likes to look over when you have your arm raised and see a yellow stain in your armpit, that is just plain disgusting!
The odor of the armpit is the most powerful in the body, sufficiently powerful to act as a muscular stimulant even in the absence of any direct sexual association.
Just under the armpit was the mark of the bullet -- a small puncture already closed, half hidden under a clot or two of blood.
You can also buy things known as armpit shields that help limit how visible the sweating is on the outside of your clothes.