from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A small retail shop that specializes in gifts, fashionable clothes, accessories, or food, for example.
- n. A small shop located within a large department store or supermarket.
- n. A small business offering specialized products and services: an investment boutique; a health-care boutique.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Specialized in bespoke or custom-made products for clientele in a niche market.
- n. A small shop, especially one that sells fashionable clothes, jewelry and the like.
- n. A small shop located within a larger one.
- n. A film production company making only a few movies per year.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A shop or place where goods are sold at retail.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a shop that sells women's clothes and jewelry
You both drank Bud, Miller, Schlitz or Pabst, and the phrase "boutique beer" never crossed your lips.
"Where the term boutique historically cried out independent, now the brands are in there,"
Located in historic Fabric Row, the boutique is a gem of a find.
BankLA no longer engaged in what he called boutique cash loans to the movie industry.
What we have to look at in Illinois specifically is an EPA that has designed what we call boutique formulas for gasoline, 11 of them in the Midwest alone, where you can't move that gasoline, that you can't produce it, refine it, and it's very problematic.
Organisers of the Serenata Festival - Britain's first dedicated outdoor classical music festival - claim it will be the ultimate in what they call boutique camping and the most civilised festival imaginable.
Some of the brand names, like Gallup and like Zogby, actually have average to slightly below average track records, whereas some what I call boutique polling firms, like SurveyUSA, which is out in New Jersey, like Rasmussen, all they do is polling, those firms actually do quite well.
The word boutique used in a derogatory sense is a misnomer, it’s a joke, and it’s wrong.
Cobble Hill's Bird boutique is hosting its third annual Jennifer Markins 'closet sale.
The boutique is among a number of establishments that have complained that Victoria does not take an active enough role in promoting her designs.