from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to Canada.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to Canada, a British possession in America north of the United States.
- n. A native or an inhabitant of Canada.
- In American geology, noting a period which includes the epochs of the calciferous sandrock.(Beekmantown limestone) and the Chazy limestone, and constitutes the earliest time-division of the Silurian: it also notes the rock-formations of this period.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a native or inhabitant of Canada
- adj. of or relating to Canada or its people
- n. a river rising in northeastern New Mexico and flowing eastward across the Texas panhandle to become a tributary of the Arkansas River in Oklahoma
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Posted in canadian literature on September 17th, 2009
Posted in canadian literature on September 3rd, 2009
Posted in canadian literature on August 31st, 2009
Posted in canadian literature on August 28th, 2009
Posted in canadian liberals, not a leader, stephane dion.
Posted in canadian economy, david wolf, federal deficit, merrill lynch.
Posted in canadian economy, housing market, job creation, unemployment.
April 14, 2008 at 1: 40 pm the cabot strait to me is just the stretch of ocean from cape ray, newfoundland to cape north, nova scotia. the nearest land to it not being in canadian jurisdiction would be the french islands of st. pierre and miquleon off newfoundlands south coast. (you can see nova scotia from newfoundland on a clear day.) hugh says:
Posted in canadian blog awards, progressive feminists.
I was also discusted how an amercian company could use the word canadian in their name and mislead canadians who assume they are canadian when they are not at all.