from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n.pl. Factual information, especially information organized for analysis or used to reason or make decisions.
- n.pl. Computer Science Numerical or other information represented in a form suitable for processing by computer.
- n.pl. Values derived from scientific experiments.
- n.pl. Plural of datum.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Plural form of datum: pieces of information.
- n. information.
- n. A collection of object-units that are distinct from one another.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n.pl. See datum.
- n.pl. a collection of facts, observations, or other information related to a particular question or problem.
- n.pl. information, most commonly in the form of a series of binary digits, stored on a physical storage medium for manipulation by a computer program. It is contrasted with the
programwhich is a series of instructions used by the central processing unit of a computer to manipulate the data. In some conputers data and execuatble programs are stored in separate locations.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Plural of datum.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a collection of facts from which conclusions may be drawn
Search the world's government data• Our world government data gateway
World government data• Search the world's government data with our gateway
New data, now including AV+, shows how the election results would look different under proportional representation• Get the data• Full general election 2010 results
Wireless trade group, CTIA, said in a statement that their members can track their minutes and data usage by typing in key words like * min and #data into their phones.
Development and aid data• Search the world's global development data with our gateway
Sense-data at the times when they are data are all that we directly and primitively know of the external world; hence in epistemology the fact that they are _data_ is all-important.
Even the dates of MSS., which in all such cases must be regarded as the primary data, are very rarely _data_ at all, but only (to coin, or rather adapt, a much-needed term) _speculata_.
So, in other words, the data you see in the paper * are all of the data* save for a second grade computation ... which was probably performed by Excel.
I changed the owner: group to will: will on data chown - R will: will/data but when I try and access it I get a permission denied will@node:/data$ ls ls: cannot open directory.
Can someome help me I'm trying to create mutiple csv files from data I have imported into powershell I have tried Export-csv C: \data. csv but it; s only giving one file with all the data.