from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or process of publishing printed matter.
- n. An issue of printed material offered for sale or distribution.
- n. Communication of information to the public.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of publishing printed or other matter
- n. An issue of printed or other matter, offered for sale or distribution
- n. The communication of information to the general public etc.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of publishing or making known; notification to the people at large, either by words, writing, or printing; proclamation; divulgation; promulgation
- n. The act of offering a book, pamphlet, engraving, etc., to the public by sale or by gratuitous distribution.
- n. That which is published or made known; especially, any book, pamphlet, etc., offered for sale or to public notice.
- n. An act done in public.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of publishing, or bringing to public notice; notification to people at large, by speech, writing, or printing; proclamation; promulgation; announcement: as, the publication of statutes; publication of banns.
- n. The act of offering a book, map, print, piece of music, or the like, to the public by sale or by gratuitous distribution.
- n. A work printed and published; any book, pamphlet, or periodical offered for sale to the public: as, a monthly publication; an illustrated publication.
- n. 4. Appearance in public; public appearance.
- n. In systematic biol., the distribution, in print, of the name of a species, genus, or other biological group, in accordance with certain technical requirements.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a copy of a printed work offered for distribution
- n. the communication of something to the public; making information generally known
- n. the business of issuing printed matter for sale or distribution
- n. the act of issuing printed materials
The term publication is understood in a broad sense, incorporating digital formats and websites.
This publication is the first time that Hyperart: Thomasson has been translated.
To his credit, Robert Parker has demanded an answer from the importer by today because he realizes that the integrity of his publication is at risk.
This publication is accompanied by a beautiful exhibition in the van Gogh museum in Amsterdam.
Neither publication is a news publication, they are tabloid trash ..
The name of the publication is the "Harvard Journal of Law & Policy."
One of the reasons I've chosen the online route to publication is to sidestep the approval game.
This publication is available for download (I'm not even sure it is in print) and can be left on a notebook computer or printed out in part or total.
This publication is a compilation of resources on vegetarian nutrition.
But as I understand it by far the biggest problem for the editors of this publication is a total lack of quality local fiction to print!