from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act of coordinating.
- n. The state of being coordinate; harmonious adjustment or interaction.
- n. Physiology Harmonious functioning of muscles or groups of muscles in the execution of movements.
- n. Grammar The linking of two syntactically equal units, as by a coordinate conjunction.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the act of coordinating, making different people or things work together for a goal or effect.
- n. the resulting state of working together; cooperation; synchronization
- n. the ability to coordinate one's senses and physical movements in order to act skillfully.
- n. the state of being equal in rank or power.
- n. an equal joining together two or more phrases or clauses, for example, using and, or, or but.
- n. The reaction of one or more ligands with a metal ion to form a coordination compound
ELEUTERIO FENITA, WORLD VISION: Right now, we are at what we call a coordination stage.
I host a cordial yahoo group about Lovecraft in coordination with my "H.P. Lovecraft and His Legacy" blog, which I usually refer to as HPLblog.
That relief aid will be sent in coordination with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Although our politicians, especially UK Prime Minister Gordon Brown, are beginning to realise that global coordination is needed, they have no clue of how to go about it.
My hand-eye coordination is bad, and I will do more harm than good.
I haven't played FPSs since then -- except for FPSs on the Wii, where I can simply point at the screen -- my hand-eye coordination is better than most in that way, it seems.
The FBI investigation was performed in coordination with the U.S.
More than anything, the tight coordination is evidence that the GOP is running a national campaign organized in Washington.
But that level of coordination is unsettling to Beijing, especially given the explosive growth in Christianity.
Whatever the funding mechanism, the federal government, working in coordination with the Gulf states and local organizations, needs to adopt a long-term vision and strategy that will allow people from Buras, La., to Navarre Beach, Fla., to be better off than they were - not just the same old kind of poor.