from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The skill of a craftsperson or artisan.
- n. The quality of something made, as by an artisan: a silver tray of excellent workmanship.
- n. Something made or produced by a workman.
- n. The product of effort or endeavor.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The skill of an artisan or craftsman
- n. The quality of something made by an artisan or craftsman
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The art or skill of a workman; the execution or manner of making anything.
- n. That which is effected, made, or produced; manufacture, something made by manual labor.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The art or skill of a workman: as, his workmanship was of a high order.
- n. The execution or finish shown in anything made; the quality of anything with reference to the excellence or the reverse in its construction or execution.
- n. The product or result of the labor and skill of a workman.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. skill in an occupation or trade
Such vehicles hark back to an era of class and pride in workmanship - and when "going green" merely meant feeling rather ill.
I hope all this enjoyment eventually translates into objects whose workmanship is not too shoddy.
The best fitting syn stock to metal I ever saw and the workmanship is superior to most Syn stocked firearms.
After the person has finished, you notice the workmanship is very sloppy.
Florals, plains, trim on collars etc are all excellent and the workmanship is very high quality - and larger lady friendly! her summer range is delightful and contains at least one dress!
There is not the pride in workmanship by all, now days as there was in the past.
To the modern observer, the level of workmanship is extraordinary.
I am having some wood replacement windows made right now and the workmanship is very good.
But his workmanship is not as good as Jesus 'work.
The surfaces are shabby, but the shapes are extravagant, and the workmanship is obvious