from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The system by which pages are numbered.
- n. The arrangement and number of pages in a book, as noted in a catalog or bibliography.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the act of creating pages for a document, book, etc., or determining when to truncate text on the pages
- n. the act of numbering pages for a document, book, etc.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or process of paging a book; also, the characters used in numbering the pages; page number.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of paging.
- n. The figures or marks on pages by which their order is indicated and reference to them facilitated.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the system of numbering pages
Although perhaps not identical to the Kindle, I would prefer a higher resolution, color reading area and the pagination is somewhat confusing, as it takes about two and a half Nook “pages” to constitute one printed page (or so it appears).
Although the manuscript pagination is irregular, it has been retained for the sake of consistency in all quotations here.
Not to mention the fact that bookmarking isn’t as good in a lot of the common e-book tools (note: I have NOT tried a kindle yet, but other tools have really not met my needs), pagination is cumbersome, different tools use different keystrokes or commands to scrool or page and some of them limit the amount you can see at any one time to just a portion of a page.
Footnotes represented by asterisks and daggers have sometimes been numbered, and footnote numbering has been adjusted to reflect the changes in pagination.
It contains only fol. lxxxvi., with six leaves of preliminary matter; the pagination is a little irregular, xxi. and xxii. are wanting but xxiii. is given three times, and lxxvii. is repeated for lxxviii.; the
At present the pagination is a numeric pagination but for the sake of navigation I would like to add thumbnail buttons
An alternative to pagination is to allow more photos per page-by expanding either the number of rows or the number of columns.
You may notice some of the normal browsing related features such as pagination are missing while we repopulate the caching service.
To dig deeper in the results, we incorporated a "pagination" feature in the API.
Then the process of "pagination" began, bringing the ability to design pages on computer screens.