from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A coarse twilled cloth, usually cotton, used for jeans, overalls, and work uniforms.
- n. Trousers or another garment made of this cloth.
- n. A similar but finer fabric used in draperies and upholstery.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A textile often made of cotton with a distinct diagonal pattern.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A coarse cotton drilling used for overalls, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A colored twilled cotton material used largely for overalls.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (usually plural) close-fitting trousers of heavy denim for manual work or casual wear
- n. a coarse durable twill-weave cotton fabric
Soxx and the Blue Jeans because in the '60s, that's what we called denim pants.
I would be clad in denim and black and chains and I would rock your face.
To the gardener who wants a dress suitable for this activity, you might like something in denim, chambree or cotton drill; these wear well and scrub up nicely, perhaps in a gardening-suitable colour.
Test car, a 2009 S with automatic transmission and lots of nickel-and-dime color and trim charges (such as $100 for getting the top in denim blue instead of some other color), came to $31,550.
If you need something to wear in the garden, a skirt or dress made out of denim is ideal.
After changing his name from Gap Star G-Star jeans because of his international success, the brand has a name for himself by focusing on the use of RAW denim is unwashed and not that most jeans Denim from the first.
In the two years since it opened, this family-owned factory with 350 workers, has cornered nearly a quarter of the Argentine market in denim fabrics.
Mr. Jacobs, having ditched his 60's futurist pastiche from last season, had worked like a dog to turn out a brilliant collection of unpornographic, unironic romanticism: flirty tea dresses, Virginia Woolf coats in denim tweed and gorgeous panne velvet flapper frocks.
They escaped to Supperclub, a bar and restaurant, where some plopped on the beds that covered the floor while a waiter in denim short shorts, suspenders and a scarf delivered drinks.
Dolce & Gabbana Dolce & Gabbana's younger line, D & G, presented a very literal interpretation of an apron, done in denim, at its spring/summer 2011 runway show.