from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Leather with a soft napped surface.
- n. Fabric made to resemble suede.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A type of soft leather, made from calfskin, with a brushed texture to resemble fabric, often used to make boots, clothing and fashion accessories.
- adj. Made of suede
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Swedish glove leather, -- usually made from lambskins tanned with willow bark. Also used adjectively.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of undressed kid: said of gloves.
- n. Undressed kid.
- n. Of undressed kid: said of gloves; also, undressed kid.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. leather with a napped surface
- n. a fabric made to resemble suede leather
These diploma boxes are all made of gray woven paperboard, lined inside with pigskin suede.
Once he is home, he applies a professional leather cleaner made for suede, which is more delicate than leather.
If stains persist after brushing, you often can remove them with a rubber eraser designed specifically for the fabric; they're sometimes referred to as suede stones.
(suede, which is also a dirt/lint magnet I'm sure).
One sale of Christian Louboutin shoes on Gilt included about 70 styles, such as suede stilettos listed at $775 but offered to members for $378.
Calling the suede Bermuda-length jumpsuit with its slim, refined shape a "safari romper" didn't do it justice."
Her collection is ultra feminine without falling into the sickly twee girly category, and the embellishments such as suede bows and velveteen ribbons really give it that je na sais quoi
In addition, the Audi exclusive RS program offers options such as suede-covered controls and floor mats bearing RS 5 logos.
Want the inside info on that soft-touch "suede" feel?
Non-essential equipment such as suede, leather or vinyl camera bags or other carrying cases must be left outside the cleanroom.