from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or an instance of using a file.
- n. A particle or shaving removed by a file: metal filings.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any particle that has been removed by a file or similar implement; a shaving.
- n. The act of storing documents in an archive; archiving.
- v. Present participle of file.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A fragment or particle rubbed off by the act of filing.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of using a file.
- n. A fragment or particle rubbed off by a file: as, iron-filings.
- n. The act of putting upon file.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. preservation and methodical arrangement as of documents and papers etc.
- n. the act of using a file (as in shaping or smoothing an object)
- n. the entering of a legal document into the public record
- n. a fragment rubbed off by the use of a file
Sorry, no etymologies found.
But that's what this filing is all about -- whether the government's treatment of Padilla was so extreme so as to justify precluding the government from prosecuting him.
Morgan Stanley has increased its stake in the company to 27 percent from 18 percent, according to a Dec. 22 filing from the Japanese company.
Excellent for long-term filing and important papers.
Acid-free paper ensures that your important personal and business documents will survive the test of time - excellent for long term filing!
The filing is the latest legal salvo in Cuccinelli's fight with U-Va. over whether it will turn over documents related to the work of a former professor, climate scientist Michael Mann.
He calls the filing of the SEC suit "one of the worst days in my professional life."
The filing is the latest in a two-year legal campaign in which the union has argued, so far unsuccessfully, that the board's policy of excluding erectile dysfunction drugs discriminates against male employees.
The filing was the first time Motorola has named Huawei in the two-year-old legal proceedings.
The filing is the latest salvo in the ongoing battle over who owns the pouty-lipped, stylishly-dressed, multi-ethnic line of Bratz dolls, which at its height notched $1 billion in annual revenue for MGA.
As for Harrisburg, its official notice that it will default on its debt is a sign its financial problems are growing beyond a failed incinerator project that led some city officials earlier this year to raise the idea of filing for a rare municipal bankruptcy.