from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The process of wearing down or rubbing away by means of friction.
- n. A scraped or worn area.
- n. A scraped area on the skin or on a mucous membrane, resulting from injury or irritation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The wearing away of the surface of the tooth by chewing.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of abrading, wearing, or rubbing off; the wearing away by friction.
- n. The substance rubbed off.
- n. A superficial excoriation, with loss of substance under the form of small shreds.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of abrading; the act of wearing or rubbing off or away by friction or attrition.
- n. The result of rubbing or abrading; an abraded spot or place: applied chiefly to a fretting or excoriation of the skin by which the underlying tissues are exposed. In pathology, a superficial excoriation of the mucous membrane of the intestines, accompanied by loss of substance in the form of small shreds. The substance worn away by abrading or attrition.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an abraded area where the skin is torn or worn off
- n. erosion by friction
- n. the wearing down of rock particles by friction due to water or wind or ice
That can sometimes happen with bruising, but not with an abrasion, which is what we see on Oliveaux's cheek.
As you'll see in a moment, the very essence of early tooth care was "abrasion," and it stayed this way for a very long time.
And even though "abrasion" is still a component in modern toothpastes, it's much less prevalent than it used to be.
Various demands upon materials, such as abrasion by hard minerals or cavitation, impact or compressive stresses, temperature extremes caused by high ambient heat or friction, or corrosion by aggressive media can be counteracted by means of coating with the electrode material.
Really find the increased sensitivity on jigs and worms along with the abrasion resistance to be a plus.
Fluorocarbon does have some advantages over common nylon monofilaments: less visibility in some circumstances, a little less stretch (hence, more sensitivity), and much greater abrasion resistance.
You are an example of how the ruling class in this country accustomed to abrasion accurate NFL jerseys, which has now become a alone actualization
Now, admirers are aswell accustomed to abrasion accurate NFL jerseys, which has now become a alone actualization account amids not a amateur abnormality to abrasion replica NFL jerseys during football matches in adjustment to abutment and acclamation their favourite team
Now, admirers are aswell accustomed to abrasion accurate NFL jerseysootball jerseys sale, cheap nfl jerseys shop.
April 15th, 2010 at 10: 10 am nfl jerseys china says: abnormality to abrasion replica NFL jerseys during football matches in adjustment to abutment and acclamation their favourite It is not a amateur, which has now become a alone actualization account amidst the youth.