from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of sand.
- n. The act or process of sanding, such as the application of sandpaper.
- n. A type of dancing where the floor is covered in sand. See Sanding (dance).
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In ceramics, the process of testing the surface of gilding, after it has been fired, with fine sand and water, to try whether the firing has been insufficient (in which case the gold will not adhere) or excessive (in which case the gold will not be brilliant).
- n. The process of burying oysters in sand, mud, etc.; also, accumulation of foreign matter on their shells, or this matter itself.
- n. The act of mixing with sand.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
The sanding is not as smooth as some unfinished pencils, but it is made up for by the fact that you can get a serious grip on this pencil.
I think the sanding is the most important part of the process - and even more crucial with a dark finish.
I think the sanding is the most important part of the process - and even more crucial with a dark finish. tmoore on January 26th 2010 at 10: 14pm view tmoore's
pearl sugar also called sanding sugar or decorating sugar, 198
We often have a hard time appreciating the stage we are currently in but I believe that one day we will understand how important the 'sanding' and 'priming ' will be to the finished product ...
The rule applies to any work that might disturb lead-based paint in a home, such as sanding and refinishing, as well as less-obvious projects like replacing windows.
The workers were out the other day busting concrete, and I watched 'em, and this morning they were flattening the ground underneath with some kind of sanding device, and I watched 'em, and when they pour the concrete I'm gonna run outside and watch it.
Plus, I think I’ve been converted, after 13 years, to the idea of sanding & buffing my work.
Common activities such as sanding, cutting, and demolition can create hazardous lead dust and chips by disturbing lead-based paint, which can be harmful to adults and children.
It is suitable for applications such as sanding, de-burring, finishing, linishing, fettling and ingredient weighing in the food and agricultural industry plus other dust-forming applications.