from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Standing out among others of its kind; prominent. See Synonyms at noticeable.
- adj. Superior to others of its kind; distinguished.
- adj. Projecting upward or outward; standing out.
- adj. Still in existence; not settled or resolved: outstanding debts; a long outstanding problem.
- adj. Publicly issued and sold: outstanding stocks and bonds.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. prominent or noticeable; standing out from others
- adj. exceptionally good; distinguished from others by its superiority
- adj. projecting outwards
- adj. unresolved; not settled or finished
- adj. owed as a debt
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. That stands out; undischarged; uncollected; not paid.
- adj. Conspicuously excellent; markedly superior; distinguished.
- adj. So prominent so as to attract notice; conspicuous; usually but not always in a good sense.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of major significance or importance
- adj. distinguished from others in excellence
- adj. owed as a debt
- adj. having a quality that thrusts itself into attention
Under Macy's previous sales training program, associates were given scripted steps in making a sale, such as "smile," "thank the customer," and "always say the word 'outstanding.'"
The University of Pretoria is to confer an honorary doctorate on President Nelson Mandela for what it describes as his outstanding contribution to the well-being of South Africa and humanity this century.
Alierta particularly emphasised the performance in Brazil, which he described as "outstanding", adding that it consolidates the Company's leadership "in a market which will soon become Telefónica's main source of revenue, and where the integration of the fixed and mobile businesses will allow the Company to capture synergies of 3,700-4,600 million euros, a significantly larger amount than initially forecasted."
An Inspector in the Wetlands Management Department of Nema, Joseph Ogwal, recently told journalists that the residents resisted the eviction because they had been told not to vacate by the Resident District Commissioner for Nakawa, Mr Fred Bamwine, who reportedly said he intervened to address what he called outstanding issues.
RPGMapShare: A free collection of maps, sure, but what makes this site really outstanding is the enormous amount of high-grade map tiles with which to make your own.
There are more than $1.3 trillion in outstanding mortgage-backed securities in which the mortgages are not backed by the federal government, Inside Mortgage Finance data show.
He is not eligible to receive public matching funds because he owes the city's Campaign Finance Board $5,040 in outstanding penalties from a previous campaign.
"He was outstanding from the get-go," Baltimore's Ty Wigginton (FSY) said.
In Ireland, where the government is struggling to manage Anglo Irish Banks 'euro72 billion ($97 billion) in outstanding debts, protesters drove a truck into the parliament's gates.
But Barofsky reported that as of Sept. 30, $178.4 billion of TARP funds remain outstanding, with another $80 billion "still obligated and available for spending" under current programs.