from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Damage or harm done to or suffered by a person or thing: escaped from the accident without injury; a scandal that did considerable injury to the campaign.
- n. A particular form of hurt, damage, or loss: a leg injury.
- n. Law Violation of the rights of another party for which legal redress is available. See Synonyms at injustice.
- n. Obsolete An insult.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any damage or violation of, the person, character, feelings, rights, property, or interests of an individual; that which injures, or occasions wrong, loss, damage, or detriment; harm; hurt; loss; mischief; wrong; evil; as, his health was impaired by a severe injury; slander is an injury to the character.
- v. To wrong, to injure.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Any damage or hurt done to a person or thing; detriment to, or violation of, the person, character, feelings, rights, property, or interests of an individual; that which injures, or occasions wrong, loss, damage, or detriment; harm; hurt; loss; mischief; wrong; evil
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. That which injures; harm inflicted or suffered; mischief; damage; hurt.
- n. Injurious speech; detraction; calumny.
- To injure; hurt; harm.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. wrongdoing that violates another's rights and is unjustly inflicted
- n. an act that causes someone or something to receive physical damage
- n. a casualty to military personnel resulting from combat
- n. an accident that results in physical damage or hurt
- n. any physical damage to the body caused by violence or accident or fracture etc.
• Midfielder ruled out after picking up calf injury• Groin injury means Keith Andrews will miss trip
CSN's Chris Miller, who reported the amount of the fine, says he was told that the groin injury is real and that Arenas could have returned to the court had this been the regular season.
Howard's brain injury is itself the unaddressed rift he works so hard to conceal, and as the book progresses, this is the fissure he's forced increasingly to confront.
Very interesting as a young child with a brain injury from a hard impact to the head.
By those standards, it would be fair to ask if the person claiming disability due to a spinal cord or brain injury from a motor vehicle accident was in fact observing the speed limit at the time of the accident or if the person who suffered a disabling stroke always religiously took her blood pressure medications and passed on the salt.
Not unless accidental brain injury is on your wish list for baby cot added extras.
If Warner's groin injury is healed by then, Green will have to decide whether to stay with McCown.
And the cause of the injury is the patent application.
Wise and Holden Kushner asked Portis about how the injury is affecting his social life.
Renney called Shanahan day-to-day and said the injury is a ` ` muscle issue '' that doesn't appear to be serious.