from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A strong liquid adhesive obtained by boiling collagenous animal parts such as bones, hides, and hooves into hard gelatin and then adding water.
- n. Any of various similar adhesives, such as paste, mucilage, or epoxy.
- n. An adhesive force or factor: Idealism was the glue that held our group together.
- transitive v. To stick or fasten with or as if with glue.
- transitive v. To fasten on something attentively: Our eyes were glued to the stage.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A hard gelatin made by boiling bones and hides, used in solution as an adhesive; or any sticky adhesive substance.
- n. Birdlime.
- v. To join or attach something using glue.
- v. To cause something to adhere closely to; to follow attentively.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A hard brittle brownish gelatin, obtained by boiling to a jelly the skins, hoofs, etc., of animals. When gently heated with water, it becomes viscid and tenaceous, and is used as a cement for uniting substances. The name is also given to other adhesive or viscous substances.
- transitive v. To join with glue or a viscous substance; to cause to stick or hold fast, as if with glue; to fix or fasten.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To join with glue or other viscous substance; stick or hold fast.
- To unite or hold together as if by glue; fix or fasten firmly.
- To stick fast; adhere; unite; cling.
- n. A viscous adhesive substance used as a cement for uniting pieces of wood or other material, or in combination with other substances to give body or to make rollers, molds, packing, etc.
- n. A very low grade of hide, practically worthless for tanning, but used in the manufacture of glue: commonly called glue-stock.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. join or attach with or as if with glue
- v. be fixed as if by glue
- n. cement consisting of a sticky substance that is used as an adhesive
Spreading the glue love.getglue. com @glue_genie #glue At Adaptive Blue offices.
I have some apps in mind, but as usual, this glue is there to make it possible for others to build on the connection, much as we connect with Google, Amazon, WordPress and other Internet-based services.
The word glue is just "en" so you stick the words together by sticking "en" between them: der Assenholengrabbenmeinenparkenspot
"You need to have a core ideology of some kind which means it is not only a shared vision but also a value system, values that are clear to the firm, because thats what I call the glue which holds them together."
Pakistan, with its “Islamic” nuclear bomb, Taliban - and al-Qaeda-infested northwestern borderlands, dysfunctional cities, and territorially based ethnic groups for whom Islam could never provide adequate glue, is commonly referred to as the most dangerous country in the world, a nuclear Yugoslavia-in-the-making.
Buy a jump suit then smoother your self in glue then fo roll in a bunch of brush.
When the glue is dry and the pocket is formed, you can pull down the front of the mail box and see this cute mail.
Cleaning LPs with a bottle of wood glue is hardly an intuitive way to get more mileage out of that bottle of glue in your workshop or clean a beloved LP.
Surrounded by my list of broken things, I start to wander if there will be statistics on how much crazy glue is used each year on this Island.
It has been described as the glue that binds together the militant groups operating in Pakistan's tribal North Waziristan.