from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A single portion of food.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A portion or serving, especially of food that one takes for oneself, or to which one helps oneself;
- n. An amount or quantity
- v. Present participle of help.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a quantity of food served as part of a meal.
- n. the activity of contributing to the fulfillment of a need or furtherance of an effort or purpose.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of aiding or giving help.
- n. That which is served or offered at one time, as food or drink; a portion.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an individual quantity of food or drink taken as part of a meal
Sorry, no etymologies found.
The most important step in helping is the parents, they need to really take control of their children, its all their fault.
The new firm was called Peter Whitesides & Company, the name helping Morris to keep his business interests obscure, as was his practice.
The first step to helping is to stop lying yourself.
Aronchick was one of about 35 Clinton and Obama insiders who attended a dinner last week in Washington aimed at what he characterized as helping the two sides "grope towards unity."
Like many of us, he works in what they call the helping professions.
That's what I call helping folks to help themselves.
Since TPB is not distributing it there actions arent illigal. instead of calling it helping the distribution i would prefer the term helping downloading non NL illigal material. seedme_seedmehard - 08-01 2009
An $800 tax break over two years for a working family is not what I call helping out the working class, if you dont work or you may get a huge tax refund, but people trying to make it get $800 bucks over 2 years. 13 bucks about a check.
If anyone is interested in helping out, please send me a private message.
To Ben and other people who may have an interest in helping out Angel with transportation to medical appointments, an orphan at Casa Hogar: