from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A part, as of a musical instrument or a telephone, that functions in or near the mouth.
- n. Sports A protective rubber device worn over the teeth, as by boxers.
- n. Informal One, such as a spokesperson, through which views are expressed.
- n. Slang A defense lawyer.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A part of any device that functions in or near the mouth, especially of a telephone or musical instrument
- n. A spokesman who speaks on behalf of someone else
- n. A lawyer for the defense
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The part of a musical or other instrument to which the mouth is applied in using it.
- n. An appendage to an inlet or outlet opening of a pipe or vessel, to direct or facilitate the inflow or outflow of a fluid.
- n. One who delivers the opinion of others or of another; a spokesman.
- n. A person's lawyer.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In an instrument or utensil made to be inserted or applied to the mouth, the part which touches the lips or is held in the mouth, as in a musical instrument, a tobacco-pipe, cigar-holder, etc. See cut under clarinet.
- n. One who delivers the opinions of others; one who speaks on behalf of others: as, the mouthpiece of an assembly.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a spokesperson (as a lawyer)
- n. the aperture of a wind instrument into which the player blows directly
- n. a part that goes over or into the mouth of a person
- n. (especially boxing) equipment that protects an athlete's mouth
- n. an acoustic device; the part of a telephone into which a person speaks
- n. the tube of a pipe or cigarette holder that a smoker holds in the mouth
Sorry, no etymologies found.
I guess right wing unfunny mouthpiece is a last refuge for a has been searching for a meal ticket.
The mouthpiece is connected to a computer that prints out a report and we will discuss the report with you.
In the rest of the world this political mouthpiece is a self-confessed left leaning government rent a crowd - and you accuse them of Bias towards the Tories.
Tony Snow describes his job as 'helping set policy,' does that sound like the mouthpiece is out of the loop?
That leftwing mouthpiece is nothing but a propaganda outlet for Liberal Democrats.
Tucker like the typical rightwing mouthpiece is a ‘tool’.
And only a mouthpiece from a similar background with a similar dearth of experience under fire would consider using those words.
"Turkish soldiers from two separate points in Cukurca town crossed into south Kurdistan to follow rebels," said the agency, which is known as a mouthpiece of the PKK.
We, like commenter Colleen, have had success with the mouthpiece instead of the mask, but ours had not been classified as “asthma” (yet), so don’t know if the mouthpiece is an option for you.
The pressure the African National Congress '"mouthpiece" - the