from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The 24th letter of the Greek alphabet. See Table at alphabet.
- n. The end.
- n. See omega baryon.
- n. See omega meson.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The twenty-fourth letter of the Classical and the Modern Greek alphabet, and the twenty-eighth letter of the Old and the Ancient Greek alphabet, i.e. the last letter of every Greek alphabet. Uppercase version: Ω; lowercase: ω.
- n. The end; the final, last or ultimate in a series.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The last letter of the Greek alphabet. See alpha.
- n. The last; the end; hence, death.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The last letter of the Greek alphabet (
Ω, ω); hence, figuratively, the last of anything.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the last (24th) letter of the Greek alphabet
- n. the ending of a series or sequence
Fish that are rich in omega-3s and are low-risk include salmon, shrimp, canned light tuna (limit white tuna to 6 ounces a week), sardines, pollock, catfish and tilapia.
Fish (and fish oil) lovers weighing these questions on a personal level can help by choosing sources that are fished or farmed responsibly, that are high in omega-3s and low in environmental contaminants.
Foods high in omega-3 fatty acids prevent men from sudden death of a heart attack, according to the American Dietetic Association.
The Glasers are now conducting studies testing whether regular supplements of fish oil, rich in omega-3 fatty acids, can mitigate some of the physical symptoms of stress on the immune system.
Mike, I believe that omega is also a term used for “one who cannot spell.” —
Here the advantages of sardines, which are high in omega-3s, come to the fore.
Research has also shown that you can greatly cut your risk of silent inflammation by supplementing your meals with ultra-refined fish oil, particularly by increasing the amount of long-chain omega-3 essential fatty acid such as EPA and DHA concentrate found in oily cold water fish and fish oil.
Dr. Sears and Zone Labs even offer OmegaRx, a line of ultra-refined long-chain omega-3 fatty acid supplements.
This is a great mid week meal - very quick and healthy, especially for kids as the trout is high in omega 3 ....
It was much more respectable than the general consensus of opinion that if a school teacher can devise a question a child cannot answer, or overhear it calling omega omeega, he or she may beat the child viciously.