from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A place of business where alcoholic beverages are sold and drunk.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A public house, where beverages, primarily alcoholic, may be bought and drunk. Many pubs also provide food and/or entertainment.
- v. To go to one or more public houses.
- n. A publication.
- v. to publish
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A public house; a tavern.
- n. An abbreviation of public, publish, or publisher.
- n. An abbreviation of published
- n. of publication.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. tavern consisting of a building with a bar and public rooms; often provides light meals
At that point he had more requests for newspaper interviews and TV appearances than he could conveniently handle, and he earned himself the title pub-philosophe, "publicity philosopher."
Going to the pub is always good at the end of a long day where your limbs hurt and your brain is full.
This opera house in a pub is a worthwhile venture, but has not yet hit its form.
I realized that if I really am embarking on a research career, this pub is the first of many.
And ... a pub is a pub is a pub, at least in my book (and, for that matter, in the books of most people at BA/MA institutions ... the Research I rat race is for the birds, IMHO).
Running towards the pub is the only thing Shaun has ever done, and even under zombie attack Shaun does not know how to climb out of his rut.
Lord Justice Brian Leveson said Thursday that there was a distinction between what he described as "pub chatter" between friends on such sites and organizations which publish material for public consumption.
I would like to know what he defines as pub culture.
(Soundbite of laughter) SAGAL: At these pub-based birthing classes in Australia, dads-to-be learn about birthing techniques, etiquette and where the pub is so they can flee to it.
Every student I met in class, and networking event, and just in local pub is a true professional and genuine person.