from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- intransitive v. To shake or tremble, as from instability or shock.
- intransitive v. To shiver, as with cold or from strong emotion. See Synonyms at shake.
- n. An instance of quaking.
- n. An earthquake.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A trembling or shaking.
- n. An earthquake, a trembling of the ground with force.
- v. To tremble or shake.
- v. To tremble or shake with fear.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A tremulous agitation; a quick vibratory movement; a shudder; a quivering.
- intransitive v. To be agitated with quick, short motions continually repeated; to shake with fear, cold, etc.; to shudder; to tremble.
- intransitive v. To shake, vibrate, or quiver, either from not being solid, as soft, wet land, or from violent convulsion of any kind
- transitive v. To cause to quake.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To shake; tremble; be agitated by tremors or shocks.
- To tremble from internal convulsions or shocks.
- To tremble from want of solidity or firmness: as, quaking jelly; a quaking bog.
- To vibrate, quiver.
- To cause to shake or tremble; throw into agitation or trembling; cause to shiver or shudder.
- n. A shake; a trembling; a tremulous agitation; a shuddering.
- n. Fear; dismay.
- n. A rather large basket with rounded bottom, made of open wickerwork, used for packing, storing provisions, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. shake with fast, tremulous movements
- v. shake with seismic vibrations
- n. shaking and vibration at the surface of the earth resulting from underground movement along a fault plane of from volcanic activity
Desperately needed aid from around the world began arriving in quake-stunned Haiti on Thursday, while rescuers struggled to save the trapped and injured.
All buildings will collapse if the quake is severe enough though.
Kan ordered the plant's operators to craft mid- and long-term quake safety measures for Hamaoka.
The Associated Press, whose house was destroyed in the quake, is now renting a three-bedroom home/office for more than three times what it paid before.
I guess helping them through a devastating earth quake is a no-no?
Thursday, February 26 2009 heeeeeeeeeee quite interresting. i definitely believe that quake is the bst module. and if they get linux supported then it become rocks … … … ….
An 8.8 quake is of course a powerful one so the damage is extensive.
"He felt the quake for about 30 seconds to a minute, the main quake," she said.
One thing, Wolf, they do have to watch for is that tweets containing the word quake are not necessarily about an earthquake, There's a popular video game called Quake so just because someone is talking about that, it does not mean the earth is shaking where they are.
Old stuff man, tricking it2 is muuch better imo … I loved rocket jumping tricks, kinda died out in quake 4 tho which is a pitty.