from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Unfermented or partly fermented grape juice; must.
- n. Vapid wine renewed by an admixture of stum.
- transitive v. To ferment (vapid wine) by adding stum.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. unfermented grape juice; must
- v. to ferment
- v. to renew (wine etc.) by mixing must with it and raising a new fermentation
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Unfermented grape juice or wine, often used to raise fermentation in dead or vapid wines; must.
- n. Wine revived by new fermentation, reulting from the admixture of must.
- transitive v. To renew, as wine, by mixing must with it and raising a new fermentation.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Unfermented or partly fermented grape-juice.
- To prevent from fermenting; operate upon (wine) in a manner to prevent after-fermentation in casks.
- To fume with sulphur or brimstone, as a cask.
The daft thing about how the bBC protects muslims and the like by keeping stum is in doing so they give credence to the likes of the BNP.
I have already written my moans on her blog so I ` m keeping stum
California - based computer company is keep stum, for the moment.
Lots ov birdies hit r winnows & stum themselfs badly.
You keep stum about nulab's lying Chancellor and Prime Minister, applaud while they destroy our country, erode our democracy, freedom and civil liberties - yet scream your head off when Boris Johnson tells the truth, albeit a bit indiscreetly.
No doubt little will get done while they stay stum..
Did anyone else notice in the followup Q&A when someone asked Bush how he learned about the kid…sure seemed as he stum-fumbled for an answer that he found out the Katrina way…on a staff-made DVD.
We raced up the gully knee to knee, and then it was down a rocky scree, with our beasts slithering and stum bling, and on to level ground, while faintly behind us the clash of steel mingled with yelling voices, one of them raised in what sounded like a war-cry.
And had she not stum-bled-ka: aye, he had no doubt of it-the shot would have taken his head off instead of his leg, and then the game would have been over, because -
The next rank staggered and stopped as the sludge gas enveloped it; the dwarves stum - bled and fell, senseless, coughing and retching.