from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A tall tree (Cedrela toona) of tropical Asia and Australia, having dark red, aromatic wood.
- n. The wood of this tree.
- n. Informal A cartoon, especially an animated cartoon.
- n. Informal A character in an animated cartoon.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A cartoon, especially an animated television show.
- n. A player's avatar or visible character in a massively multiplayer online role-playing game.
- n. A southeast Asian and Australian tree (Cedrela toona) of the mahogany family with fragrant dark red wood and flowers that yield a dye
- n. the wood of this tree
- n. A town.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- pl. of toe.
- n. The reddish brown wood of an East Indian tree (Cedrela Toona) closely resembling the Spanish cedar; also. the tree itself.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- An obsolete form of tone.
- n. A dialectal form of town.
- n. An East Indian tree, Cedrela Toona, found also in Java and Australia.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a film made by photographing a series of cartoon drawings to give the illusion of movement when projected in rapid sequence
My main toon is the guy I wanted to play and I gave him the powers I wanted to have.
I actually have the book the toon is in. .but just don't remember which one ...
Just wait until someone finds the dude who died in front of his computer playing WoW a year ago, and his toon is still logged in … ranro
In both concept and execution, hand-drawn toon is a winner.
I watch two channels, one of which carries the infamous Adult Swim, and as a result I've seen a bunch of Samurai Champloo. the 'toon is neat enough, but what really caugh my eye is the music - the scores are done mainly by Fat Jon (the most unsung producer out there, IMHO) and the Nujabes, a progressive Japanese hip-hop act.
Kringe will co-direct the family-oriented toon, which is in development and will begin production in January 2010 ...
It's as if a man waur sair distressed because his toon was a dirty toon.
Object with a basic cel-shader (also known as a toon shader) and border detection.
Director Lauren Montgomery has crafted a visually arresting toon, which is surprisingly adult in its depiction of violence and chock full of sexual innuendos.
The ratio of academy members who work in live action to those who work in animation is seriously one sided, and the last thing they want to see is another "toon" talking away the main award of the night from "real life people".