from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The excess use of words, especially using more than are needed for clarity or precision; long-windedness
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being verbose; the use of more words than are necessary; prolixity; wordiness; verbiage.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or character of being verbose: employment of a superabundance of words; the use of more words than are necessary; wordiness; prolixity: said either of a speaker or writer, or of what is said or written.
- n. Synonyms Verbiage, etc. See pleonasm.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an expressive style that uses excessive or empty words
Sure I can indulge in verbosity, if I have the time or inclination.
Actions nearly always begets like reaction equal in verbosity. on June 24, 2009 at 7: 26 am | Reply inspectorgadget
Yet the unresting and unerring spirit of criticism may observe that even here the verbosity which is the fault of the whole division makes its appearance.
I don’t think the verbosity is the key problem try reading St. Augustine, for example.
The spoken form of logorrhoea (other than in the medical sense) is a kind of verbosity which uses superfluous
With this presumption, only a philosopher or theologian would be able to enter the holy realms, but certainly not a child lacking sophisticated verbosity.
If you listen to this guys recommendations prepare yourself because in close to 5 years of listening to his verbosity, he has condemned Ajijic as being the worse city, in Mexico with a cesspool the crazies in his community like to believe is a lake.
After a year of verbosity, give the Human Ears a break!
But a writing scholar at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology presented research questioning the ETS findings, and arguing that the testing service's formula for automated essay grading favors verbosity over originality.
There should have a buzzer to limit the bloviating, rambling, incoherent verbosity to a question that SHOULD have been answered in 5 minutes MAX!